Subject: WWW format draft

From: Bob Follett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 1995 18:03:11 -0500 (EST)

Thank you, Keld, for the draft WWW pages and thanks also to Brian for his 
comments.  Sorry to be late with my comments but I have been away from 
the office most of October.

I only have a few general comments.  The first has to do with the
availability of actual documents on-line.  From the discussions of the
JTC1 Ad Hoc on IT, it appears that access to most of our documents is
likely to have to be restricted to participants in the standards process. 
That doesn't mean that they can't be on-line, but it does mean that access
will be defined and restricted.  Decisions have not yet been made, but
proposals are supposed to be ready for circulation and LB in JTC1 around
mid-November.  We will distribute the proposals for your information as
soon as we can.  (I argued for more openness in commenting on a first
draft of a recommendation but at least one NB wanted it even more
restrictive - stay tuned.) In any case, we will ultimately have to be
consistent with whatever JTC1 decides. 

In section 14 on future meetings, I think we should note that meetings 
are not open to the public and that only designated representatives from 
National Bodies or liaison organizations can participate.  Interested 
parties can be encouraged to contact their NBs.  In this regard, I think 
the meeting information should be limited to dates and city - no need to 
include full details for people who can't come.

Bob Follett