Subject: Contributions to PWI Revision of ISO/IEC 13251

From: Hiroaki IKEDA <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 04:27:48 +0900

Dear Prof. Yoshikazu YAMAMOTO
Convenor for ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 35/WG 2

Referring to SC 35 Resolution 2013.12 (see below), I am please to send
contributions on the revision work defined as PWI ISO/IEC 13251 as attached.

The contributions include in the form of draft NP and 1st Working Draft
for your consideration and subsequent discussion at the forthcoming WG 2
meeting in Saskatoon in August 2013.

The draft NP was prepared in close co-ordination with the Japanese NB,
and the WD has been prepared in close collaboration with IEC/SC 3C
secretariat maintaining IEC 60417, which has been one of the major
sources of "Collection of graphcial symbols for office equipment."

For your convenience here we have a quote from SC 35 N 2000 dated
2013-02-22.

*_Resolution 2013.12:_ PWI for a revision of ISO/IEC 13251 "Information
technology -- Collection of graphical symbols for office equipment" (WG2)*

ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 35:

  * resolves to register a PWI for revision of ISO/IEC 13251
    "Information technology -- Collection of graphical symbols for
    office equipment" and requests the Secretariat to take necessary actions
  * requests Pr. Em. Hiroaki Ikeda to send contributions on the PWI
    including possibility of tactile representations of symbols no later
    than 2013-07-25 to WG2 in time for discussion at its 2013 Saskatoon
    meeting.

/Adopted by consensus (US abstains)//
/
With best regards,

Hiroaki IKEDA
2013-07-23