Subject: Re: Draft 1stCD for ISO/IEC 17549

From: Alain LaBonté <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 13:13:17 -0400

It is fine with me. As this project is assigned to WG4, I will let 
Nakao San send the official text to the SC35 Secretariat so that 
ballot be initiated.

Alain LaBonté
JTC1/SC35/WG1 Convenor

Le 2012-03-14 à 20:59, Hiroaki IKEDA a écrit:
>Dear Mr Alain LaBonte, Convenor JTC 1/SC 35/WG 1
>dear Mr. Yoshihide Nakao, Convenor JTC 1/SC 35/WG 4
>
>In accordance with the following resolution approved at Kyoto 
>meeting on 2012-02-24,
>we are pleased to submit the attached document for your 
>consideration of approaching SC 35 Secretariat for processing 1CD of 
>the project ISO/IEC 17549 Ed. 1.
>
>Resolution 2012.14: Progression WD 17549 " Information technology -- 
>User interfaces -- Guidelines on menu navigation with 4-direction 
>devices " to CD (WG 4)
>
>ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 35 requests the project Editor Pr. Em. Hiroaki 
>Ikeda and co-Editor Mr Jaeil Song to send to WG 1 and to WG 4 
>experts a revised draft of WD 17549 for comment by 2012-03-15. The 
>editor is requested to consider the feedback and to send the 
>resulting text to the Secretariat and to the WG1 and WG4 convenors. 
>Upon receipt of the text from the convenors, the Secretariat is 
>requested to initiate a 3-month CD ballot at the latest by 
>2012-04-01, so that the results be known before the next WG1 and WG4 meetings.
>
>Adopted by consensus (US abstains)
>
>
>It is based on SC 35 N 1806 which was discussed by the members of WG 
>1 and WG 4 after the Kyoto meeting and revised as attached. The 
>coversheet should be revised and updated for the purpose of CD ballot.
>
>If you have any questions, please communicate with Editor (Ikeda) 
>and Co-editor (Song) as early as your convenience.
>
>With best regards,
>
>Hiroaki IKEDA, Project Editor
>(Jaeil Song, co-project editor)
>