Subject: Re: (SC35WG4.10) Reviced WD 17549 (4-direction devices)

From: Alain LaBont� <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 17:05:59 -0500

Le 2012-03-06 à 10:55, Andy Heath a écrit:
>I'm just reviewing the English in this as I was requested to do and 
>immediately I hit a slight snag.  The title is not good English.  I 
>don't know if the title can be changed without a resolution but I 
>propose a number of alternatives:
>
>1. Guidelines on navigation methods for selecting in menus with 
>4-direction devices
>
>2. Guidelines on navigation methods for selection in  menus with 
>4-direction devices
>
>3. Guidelines on navigation methods for selection menus with 
>4-direction devices
>
>My preference is 3. but perhaps this changes the meaning slightly ?

[Alain]  We could also say (better understanding of what it is ?) :
4. Methods for navigation and selection within menus with 4-direction devices.
I think the relationship between words would not totally be clear for 
me unless we simplify.

Is it really useful to say "guidelines on [...] methods"? The word 
"methods" by itself is simple enough and is already stronger and more 
meaningful than guidelines on methods.

Alain

Alain