Subject: LETTER OF ASSISTANCE

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 08:45:17 +0100

MY DEAREST,

THIS LETTER MIGHT COME TO YOU AS A SURPRISED SINCE WE HAVE NOT HAD ANY PREVIOUS
CORESPONDENCE.THIS IS AS A RESULT OF THE HELPLESS SITUATION I FOUND MYSELF
INTO. I GOT YOUR CONTACT DURING MY SEARCH FOR A RELIABLE, CAPABLE AND TRUSTWORTHY
PERSON OR ORGANIZATION THAT CAN ASSIST ME IN THIS DARKEST MOMENT OF MY LIFE.

I LOST MY HUSBAND AND TWO CHILDREN, INCLUDING OUR FAMILY HOUSE DURING THE
BOMB EXPLOSION, WHICH TOOK PLACE ON THE 27TH OF JANUARY 2002 AT THE ARMY
CANTONMENT (BARRACKS). I AM ALIVE WRITING YOU BECAUSE I WAS FORTUNATE TO
BE OUTSIDE HOME AT THE TIME OF THE EXPLOSIONS. I AM WRITING YOU NOW FROM
CAMP WHERE THE VICTIMS OF THE EXPLOSION ARE KEPT INCLUDING MYSELF. NO HOUSE,
NO GOOD FOOD, NO GOOD HEALTH CARE.

BEFORE MY HUSBAND SUDDEN DEATH AT THE RANK OF A MAJOR, HE KEPT SOME MONEY
AMMOUNTING TO THE SUM US$15,000,000.00 (FIFTEEN MILLION U.S DOLLARS) IN
CASH WITH A DIPLOMATIC SECURITY/COURIERES COMPANY. NOW THAT HE IS LATE AND
I AM THE ONLY ONE LEFT BEHIND. AND WRITING YOU TO ASSIST ME RECEIVE THIS
MONEY IN YOUR COUNTRY, INVEST IT IN A PROFITABLE BUSINESS AND RELOCATE ME
TO JOIN YOU IMMEDIATELY. AS A RESULT OF INSECURITY OF LIFE AND PROPERTY
HERE, I DO NOT WANT TO STAY HERE ANY LONGER.

PLEASE INDICATE YOUR READYNESS TO ASSIST ME, SO THAT ALL THE INFORMATION
ABOUT THIS FUND WILL BE PASSED TO YOU IMMEDIATELY, SUCH AS CERTIFICATE OF
DEPOSIT, CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT, AND CONTACT OF THE SECURITY COMPANY TO ENABLE
YOU MAKE CONFIRMATION ON THE EXISTANCE OF MY CLAIMS. PERHAPS, I WILL APPRECIATE
YOU SEND TO ME YOUR PRIVATE TEL/FAX NUMBERS FOR EASY COMMUNICATION. AND
ALSO ASSURE ME THAT YOU WILL NOT BETRAY ME AT THE END.

MORESO, IT IS CRUCIAL THAT YOU KEEP THIS TRANSACTION TO YOURSELF ONLY, AND
IF THIS TRANSACTION IS PROPERLY EXECUTED, I AM PREPARED TO GIVE YOU A REASONABLE
SUM FOR YOUR KIND ASSISTANCE.

PLEASE, YOU CAN MAKE HANDS OF INVESTIGATION ON THIS DISASTER,
BUT DO NOT OPEN UP MY PROBLEM TO ANY BODY FOR SECURITY REASONS. PERHAPS,
YOU CAN CONTACT CNN, SKYNEWS AND OTHER WORLD NEWS AGENCIES TO ASCERTAIN
THE TRUTH OF THIS MATTER. YOU CAN ALSO REACHOUT NIGERIA EMBASSIES EVERY
WAY IN THE WORLD ABOUT THIS TRAGEDY, WHICH AFFECTED MY FAMILY AMONGST OTHER
FAMILIES.

MEANWHILE YOU CAN BROWS BELOW IS THE BBC WEBSITE NEWS ON THIS TRAGEDY: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/2718295.stm

THANKS AND GOD BLESS YOU AS YOU HELP ME. I EXPECT YOUR EARLIEST RESPONSE.

MAY GOD ALMIGHTY BLESS YOU AS HELP.

MRS. GLORIA UGO NWEKE.