Subject: URGENT ASSISTANCE NEEDED

From: JOSEPH WILLIAMS <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 20:21:03 +0100

JOSEPH WILLIAMS
DIRECTOR PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION (MEMR)

Dear Sir,
I am an Engineer with the South African Ministry of Energy and Mineral
Resources and I am also a member of the Republic of South Africa Contract
Award and Monitoring Commitee in the Ministry of Energy and Mineral
Resources. It is a pleasure involving you in this project. Although, this
may sound strange but I seek your indulgence and pray you view it 
seriously.

Two years ago, a contract was awarded to a foreign firm in the Ministry of
Energy and Mineral Resources by my committee. This contract was over
invoiced to the tune of US$14.3Million. This was done delibrately. The over
invoicing was a deal by my commitee to benefit from the project. We now
desire to transfer this money which is in a suspense account with the MEMR
into any oversea account which we expect you to provide for us.

For providing the account where we shall remit the money, you will be
entitled to 30% of the money, 10% will be set aside for expenses incurred
by both parties during course of transfer, while the remaining 60%will be
for my partners and myself.

I would require the following:
1)Bank details ( Name and address / Account no/Beneficiary name )
2)Private Telephone and Fax number of Beneficiary

The above information would be used to make formal application as a matter
of procedure for the release of the money and onward transfer to your
account. It does not matter whether or not your company does contract
projects of this of this nature described here, the assumption is that your
company won the major contract and subcontracted it out to other companies.
More often than not, big trading companies or firms of unrelated fields
win major contracts and subcontract to more specialized firms for execution
of such contracts. We have strong and reliable connections, top government
contacts at the South Africa Reserve Bank and Ministry of Finance and we
have no doubt that all this money will be released and transferred if we 
get
the necessary foreign partner to assist us in this deal. Therefore, when 
the
business is successfully concluded we shall through our connection withdraw
all documents used from all the concerned Government Ministries for 100%
security. We are civil servants and we will not want to miss this
opportunity.

Please contact me immediately through my above Telephone or email contact,
whether or not you are interested in this deal. If you are not, it will
enable me scout for another foreign partner to carry out this deal. But
where you are interested, send the required informations aforementioned
herein without delay as time is of essence in this business.
I want to assure you once again that this transaction is 100% risk free
both now and in the future.
I await in anticipation of your fullest co-operation.

Yours faithfully,

JOSEPH WILLIAMS