Subject: SC22/WG11/N396 - Liaison statement to SC21/WG8 - RPC

From: Willem Wakker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 May 94 12:25:06 N

SC22/WG11/N396

To:	   SC21/WG8 - RPC
From:	   SC22/WG11
Subject:   Liaison statement on the alignment of RPC and LIPC/LID
Date:	   May 1994

During the last meeting of SC22/WG11 (London, 25-29/04/94) it was noted
that during the latest ballot on RPC it was proposed to replace the
existing RPC specification with a different one (the OSF RPC).

Over the past years WG11 has (so instructed by SC22 and JTC1) invested a
lot of time and energy in the alignment of the IDN in RPC on the one hand,
and the IDN in LID and LIPC on the other hand.	The status of the relevant
WG11 projects is as follows:  LID is out for DIS ballot (with as closing
date October 1994); LIPC is approved as CD 13886, and the DIS text of this
document is being prepared.

As WG11 is deeply concerned about this alignment issue, we would like to
ask you to give your view on this matter, and to inform WG11 about your
plans on the progression of RPC.

			   - 1 -

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Willem Wakker					 email: <[email-masked]>
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc
ACE Associated Computer Experts bv		   ...!mcsun!ace!willemw
van Eeghenstraat 100				    tel: +31 20 6646416
1071 GL  Amsterdam				    fax: +31 20 6750389
The Netherlands
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee